The Communications Center is built on a partnership premise that includes the city's business partners, residents, organizations and associations and students. The business community will have access to data center space and affordable broadband and managed services.
It provides technology solutions for businesses that enable them to deliver products and services electronically, access new workforce, take advantage of cloud computing and virtualization platforms and social computing. Learn more about CloudSpace Solutions and our cloud computing initiative.
It accelerates your business, no matter its size and scope of services. Utilizing the data center and the spectrum of managed services available through us, business located in and around Petersburg can now thrive locally and compete globally.
It fills Petersburg's needs for data center space, disaster recovery, foundational infrastructure for enhanced public safety operations. It is focused on bringing efficient, streamlined and accessible technologies to residents and businesses within the city.
- Broadband Services Access
- Capital Cost Reduction
- Co-location Options for Local Business
- Other Managed Services
- Located in Grant County Business Park in Petersburg,WV
- 3,000 sq ft conditioned/raised floor space
- Cabinets, cages, and suites that can be customized to meet specific requirements
- Available build-outs of client employee work space
- Monitoring 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Access restricted to authorized client personnel
- Axis IP-Based interior and exterior surveillance cameras
- Entrance and exit controlled by HID control cards
- Cabinet & cage access controlled by combination dial system
- Silent alarm & fire detection with automatic notification of officials
- Redundant IP bandwidth available
- Cross-connections to connect customers to choice of multiple carriers
- N+1 redundant electrical design and distribution
- Automatic switching from primary to back up power supply
- Single and three-phase power
- Completely isolated ground system
- PDUs have single feed from independent UPS
- Cummins generator (s) 48-hr onsite fuel supplemented with refueling contracts
- AC power systems capable of delivering both 120V and 208V service.
- DC power available in -48V configuration with various amperages
- Redundant HVAC units
- Humidity control system in HVAC units
- Multi-zoned, dry-pipe, dual interlocked pre-action fire protection system
- Water detection system below flooring
- Early smoke detection system
- Power cabling under raised flooring
- Structural capacity of raised floor is 1200 lbs/sq ft of concentrated load
- Network cabling in overhead cable trays
- Easy expansion